Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Week #9 -- things get in the way

Summary for week ending Sunday, February 28 2016:

Number of workouts: 6
Total miles run: 45.06
Average miles per run: 7.51

Miles in February: 187.44
Miles in 2016: 371.86

I was a little short this week compared to plan. Did a tough workout Wednesday night which left my legs a little too cooked to hit the treadmill Thursday morning, which meant I didn't run Thursday due to evening plans. Sometimes you just have to go with how things feel and life can get in the way -- no big deal, but I did have to let myself off the hook about taking an unscheduled rest day. Weekend T workout was next to impossible to judge because of the gale that blustered all day; even just trying to go off effort was useless because going into the wind was difficult and when the wind was at my back (which somehow seemed to not be half the time as you'd think it should be, going in a loop), how do you know how fast you're really running? Oh well. As part of Sunday's 12 miles, I got 2x10 min at ~7:20 pace in, whatever that means with the awful wind. February letting the lion out before March gets started.

No comments: