Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week #4

Summary for week ending Sunday, January 24, 2016:

Number of workouts: 6
Total miles run: 40.80
Average miles per run: 6.80

Miles in January: 140.31
Miles in 2016: 140.31

Due to cold and other weather-related issues, I spent most of this week's miles indoors. At least this weekend's two runs were in front of the window full of daylight, which is probably the only thing that kept them from being total drags. It was a bummer to have to trade my only daytime runs of the week for indoor workouts, but there absolutely was no running outside on Saturday and it would have been slippery and risky to try it on insufficiently plowed roads on Sunday. I had difficulty getting into a groove where time seemed to pass itself quickly. I probably need to vary the grade more often while I'm running on the treadmill. It's not going to be very helpful in general if I keep it at 0% all the time. It's just easier that way (in more ways than one), but if I have to pay attention to changing the grade and/or pace, it might keep the run more interesting. Well, this was the last week of maintenance and quality workouts are now on the schedule; there will be plenty of paying attention to changing the pace for many of those.

No comments: